By Stacey Atkinson,Joanne Lay,Su McAnelly,Malcolm Richardson
Many practitioners inside overall healthiness and social care come into touch with individuals with highbrow disabilities and wish to paintings in ways in which are precious to them through making average alterations so as to meet consumers’ wishes and expectancies. but the wellbeing and fitness of individuals with studying disabilities remains to be a ignored quarter, the place pointless anguish and untimely deaths proceed to prevail.
This textual content offers a accomplished perception into highbrow incapacity healthcare. it truly is geared toward people who are education within the box of highbrow incapacity nursing and likewise untrained practitioners who paintings in either wellbeing and fitness and social care settings. Divided into 5 sections, it explores how a variety of organic, future health, mental and social boundaries effect upon individuals with studying incapacity, and includes:
- Six guiding rules used to regulate, plan and strengthen significant and available wellbeing and fitness and social services
- Assessment, screening and analysis of highbrow incapacity around the existence course
- Addressing lifelong overall healthiness needs
- Psychological and psychotherapeutic matters, together with sexuality, behavioural and psychological healthiness wishes, bereavement, and moral concerns.
- The altering expert roles and types of assembly the desires of individuals with highbrow and studying disabilities.
Intellectual incapacity in overall healthiness and Social Care offers a wide-ranging evaluate of what studying incapacity pros’ roles are and offers perception into what wellbeing and fitness and social care practitioners may perhaps do to aid anyone with highbrow disabilities whilst particular wishes come up.
Read or Download Intellectual Disability in Health and Social Care PDF
Similar nursing books
This twenty fifth anniversary variation of the yearly evaluation of Nursing learn is concentrated on nursing technological know-how in susceptible populations. pointed out as a concern within the nursing self-discipline, weak populations are mentioned when it comes to the improvement of nursing technology, diversified methods in development the kingdom of the technology study, integrating biologic equipment within the examine, and learn in lowering overall healthiness disparities.
Construction on and strengthening the award-winning exceedingly effortless! sequence® gains, Surgical Care Made really visible! deals an cutting edge visible method of gaining knowledge of perioperative nursing. enormous quantities of specified and colourful images, diagrams, charts, and different visible aids consultant nurses via each one job in surgical care, together with perianesthesia administration, an infection keep an eye on, wound care, and nursing interventions for particular surgeries.
From the publishers of the marketplace major at a look sequence, and in collaboration with the organization of respiration Nurses (ARNS), comes this easy-to-read, hugely visible consultant bringing jointly key ideas of breathing Nursing. hugely visible, every one subject is roofed in a two-page unfold, making it effortless to fast learn up on key info and seize the necessities of respiration care, in addition to a spotlight on preventative measures to avoid, minimise and keep an eye on respiration affliction.
Scientific case booklet on peri-operative perform for ODPs and Nurses.
- Das Berufsbild der Altenpflege: Eine qualitative Studie zur beruflichen Entwicklung der Altenpflege (German Edition)
- A Systematic Approach to Assessment and Evaluation of Nursing Programs
- ACCCN's Critical Care Nursing - E-Book
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Exam Flashcard Study System: NP Test Practice Questions & Review for the Nurse Practitioner Exam
- PMHN Exam Secrets Study Guide: PMHN Test Review for the Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Exam
- Leistungsgerechte Entlohnung der Mitarbeiter im Krankenhaus (German Edition)
Extra info for Intellectual Disability in Health and Social Care
Intellectual Disability in Health and Social Care by Stacey Atkinson,Joanne Lay,Su McAnelly,Malcolm Richardson